Full-time Business Development Expert
visit.brussels is the tourism promotion agency for the Brussels-Capital Region. Its objective is to promote and reinforce the image of the capital of 500 million Europeans and to increase the number of visitors in the 19 municipalities of the Brussels-Capital Region.
visit.brussels’ activities are based around five central pillars, the purpose of each being to help visit.brussels achieve its missions.
These missions are centred on promotion and communication, and fit within the framework of an affinity marketing strategy that targets the members of different communities by focusing on their interests (comic strips, Art Nouveau and Art Deco, jazz, surrealism, Europe, contemporary art, gastronomy, etc.) or the kind of potential visitor they might be (congress goer, international association, families, LGBTQ community, etc.) and showcasing Brussels’ advantages for each of those communities.
The five pillars are:
· Culture & City Life
· Convention & Association
· Sales & Marketing
· Events & Fairs
· Operating & Financial
The Association Bureau, part of the Convention & Association Bureau, is in charge of promoting Brussels to international associations, positioning Brussels as the capital of international associations, and providing support for international associations in their different Brussels-based projects.
The goal of the service is to become a privileged partner of international associations established or wishing to settle in Brussels, to federate the different associative actors active in Brussels and, thanks to the different services provided, to attract new international associations to the capital of Europe.
The Association Bureau also collaborates with the Convention bureau for meetings and congresses and other services for various events. The unit is also in charge of developing the “Associations” product and packaging the offer at the destination level.
The Business Development Expert is part of the Association Bureau service within the Destination Management Convention & Association department. He / she reports directly to the Manager of the Association Bureau and always works in collaboration with other services and departments.
1. Promotion of Brussels as a destination for international associations
2. Knowledge of the needs of international associations
3. Creation and development of activities for international associations in Brussels
4. Achievement of established business objectives for the service
5. Development of events and projects dedicated to associations
Responsibilities and activities
· Highlight the Brussels offer towards the target of international associations
· Pro-active approach towards international associations for setup of their seat and/or development activities in Brussels
· Development of the activities offer for associations with the appropriate marketing
· Development and implementation of a business plan and services offered by the Association Bureau
· Highlight other services of visit.brussels and in particular of the Convention and Association Bureau.
· Organisation of events for associations in Brussels and during missions abroad
· Update the CRM update and association-related databases
· Financial and administrative management of own activities
· Development and management of the Association Bureau institutional and commercial partnerships in its various fields of activity – locally and internationally – in line with the established financial and strategic objectives
· Work with the various institutional players in the Brussels-Capital Region, associations’ organisations, international associations and private sector representatives in order to increase activities related to international associations
· Development and community management of specific projects created by the Association Bureau or in which visit.brussels is a partner
· Contribute to the establishment of an information, networking and meeting space for international associations.
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree
· Professional experience of at least 3 years
· Customer-oriented with strong communication skills
· Project management skills, negotiation skills and business development skills
· Be proactive, be able to anticipate and take the initiative
· A dynamic attitude, proactive & creative
· Methodical, organised & rigorous
· Ability to work autonomously while valuing teamwork
· Good knowledge of IT tools
· Knowledge of French, Dutch and English.
· Passionate about Brussels
· Interest in the world of international associations and international institutions.
· Experience in the tourism, international associations, coworking or commercial sector is a plus
· an exciting and stimulating function at the heart of Brussels within a growing organization that allows you to contribute to a strategic sector for the capital;
· a position with activities in an international environment;
· a full-time job with an open-ended employment contract (38h / week)
· financial participation in home-work travel expenses;
· meal vouchers;
· group insurance, hospitalization and incapacity for work;
· a workplace in the heart of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
How to ApplyPlease send your application (CV + motivation letter) before 12/07/2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org The interviews will take place between July 3rd and 19th and will be scheduled upon receipt of applications. The position is vacant from 1/09/2019.
1281 total views, 2 today